Bmw E30 M20 Engine Wiring Diagram

Well after I got my garage sorted out I got looking at my engine bay and my god what a mess. I am thinking this will be a bit of a headache as there is like random wires even before I pulled my engine laying about not tied into anything at one end. Fortunately I think alot of it can be sorted out by tracing it all back but it will just take alot of time. I do have a ways to go before I can even think about firing but the more and more research I do and the help you guys have provided me with makes me feel a bit more confident.

Right now its a matter of testing my mounts today (made a drivers side one out of 1/8th for now just so I can get an idea of how my engine will sit and where I can put my rad). So far it looks like I will have to buzz a couple notches into my front bumper supports as my Scirroco rad sits a little too high and a little to far in the engine bay for my liking. Once that is sorted out I will buzz some edges off my Getrag 260, cut the transmission tunnel *GULP* and figure out my transmission mounts from there. From that point I can figure out my shift linkage situation and see how that goes together, than I can measure for the size of driveshaft I need (local bmw dude has like 50 driveshafts from e30's and the like but all are slightly different sizes). Once that is sorted I can move on to locating a suitable fuel pump and line solution. Probably going to run my power lines to the trunk with my e30 cable and looking into fabbing a rear strut bar/battery box. After that I will yank the engine and tranny out again, put the new timing belt on, slap a flywheel on, install my new clutch, check everything again for loose connections, button up all my fittings and lines, and go about final assembly and wiring... Hopefully I can make the most of my time off before I land a new job and get this thing to being drivable before mid July...

Sorry for rambling on lol

Back to the topic at hand. I was looking last night and I need to go to the wreckers and grab a chassis side c101 connector as I have the engine one with the cap, and further along my harness is the Chassis side without a cap. I assume the piece that would connect on top of that to link the wiring to the chassis side (which is what I will run my needed wires to) is what I need.

Mlytle, I started reading your thread and it definitely helped me wrap my head around how to tackle this wiring. Also the car is amazing, I can just imagine how she drives!

TobyB, I looked at the other connections throughout and they are in pretty nice condition, no issues to report.

Deutschman, that is a much clearer list than the one I was looking at lol. I will just have to double check my years wiring lol

Edited by 13

Posted by: lavanchyearle403.blogspot.com

Source: https://www.bmw2002faq.com/forums/topic/140828-m20-wiring-basic-questions/